Thursday, December 13, 2012

A "splash" of red!


Ok, so here is my latest project... my only regret, that I didn't take a before picture.  I alway forget that, I'm too excited to get started, and then I think of it when I'm done!  Oh well, what I started with was a mirrored bi-fold closet door in my entry way.  The door was not staying on the track anymore, and I decided I wanted to do something different.  So here is what I came up with...



I got a 6panel solid unfinished pine bi-fold closet door
from Menard's for under $100.  Then I painted it a "barn red" color.
I've always like the look of a red front door, but didn't want to
commit to it. So this is a fun alternative, it's right inside the entry
way, and gives the welcoming feel of a red door.
This photo isn't a good representation of the color (the picture above shows the true color better),
but I wanted a close-up of the handle I chose.  I found this "old looking" door knob ($12) to put on the door
instead of the cabinet hardware that is usually used.  It gives the door a real high end look.


No comments: