Friday, November 9, 2012

Welcome!

So, I've decided to start a new endeavor... Melting Pot Interior Designs.  

Just about anyone who knows me well, can attest to the fact that I've been in love with anything "home" since I was a little girl.  In 2001 my husband Derek and I were blessed to be able to build a home in my "hometown" Hayward WI, in the same neighborhood I grew up in.  I was the general contractor on the project, and over the years have continued to remodel and redesign as my family has grown, and my style has changed.  

In addition to what I've done with my own house, I've assisted many friends and family with remodels and rearrangements.  I appreciate all different house layouts and design styles.  I enjoy refurbishing old or worn out pieces and updating them with maybe some new paint, or fabric.  I love blending style with functionality, and making things dual purpose.  I pride myself in being able to create a high dollar look for less.  I believe you can achieve a beautiful home with any budget. 






Here is a fun project that my sweet hubby helped me with... I used chalkboard paint, and some old barn wood to make a message center. (Derek made the frame)   



No comments: